Can You Help Out?
+ a new free ecookbook.

way back in January 2010, I quit my job designing chocolate biscuits (cookies). The plan was to focus on figuring out how to make a living from doing what I love most namely cooking, eating and writing about food.

My first project was to pull together a free eCookbook to use as an incentive for people to sign up for my free weekly email updates.

It took me a few weeks to finish it. And at the time I remember being so proud of my little creation.

But I’ve been thinking it needed revamp for a while now. So when Caroline (my lovely assistant) and I were catching up a few weeks ago I asked her to think of ways we could improve the free eCookbook.

The next time we spoke about it Caroline had come up with a super brilliant idea…

Why not find the most popular Stonesoup recipes and turn the free eCookbook into a ‘best of the blog’ collection?

Love it! (She’s very clever our Caroline).

So that’s where you come in…

Your Help?

What are your favourite Stonesoup recipes?

Let me know in the comments below to help us decide which recipes to including in the new Stonesoup Favourites eCookbook.

Some Ideas…

If you need some prompting, here are my top 10 favourite Stonesoup recipes in no particular order.

* Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
* Simple Baked Meatballs
* Chorizo with Kale
* Quick Steak & Rocket Salad
* Green Chickpea Salad
* Salt Crusted Burgers
* Parisian Lentils
* Cheesey Broccoli
* Spiced Beef with Hummus
* Self Saucing Ginger Puddings

Thanks so much for your help! And watch this space for the new FREE eCookbook ;)

With love,
new twitter icon instagram-icon facebook_icon

Rika April 27, 2014 at 8:00 am

One I’ve made several times and which my whole family likes is the Warm Onion and White Bean Bake.

Patricia April 27, 2014 at 9:01 am

WE REALLY ENJOY THE GINGER SELF SAUCING PUDDING
ESPECIALLY SINCE ONE CAN MOST OF IT AHEAD. I MAKE
IT WITH GLUTEN FREE FLOUR YUM!

Trudy April 27, 2014 at 10:54 am

My all time fave: Sausages & Lentils with a Shaved Cabbage Salad.

I signed up for the Stonesoup Virtual Cookery School after watching you demo this recipe on the video. The sizzling of the sausages and the 2 knobs of butter did it for me. I never knew to add butter to my tomato sauces before. And I never knew “knob” was a unit of measure!! This recipe quickly produces a hearty delicious meal with ingredients I always have on hand. The cabbage salad was a complete surprise — a salad of all cabbage? and with just a bit of lemon juice + olive oil? It’s so good!

Andrea April 27, 2014 at 4:57 pm

We love the Chorizo and Kale (with spinach, which I always have in the fridge), Smoky Tomato and Lentil Soup (super quick pantry recipe);Warm Chickpea Salad with Rosemary; and Bangers and White Bean Mash.

Yum – bring on the cooler weather here in NZ!

Thank you, Jules, for all you do.

Tara April 28, 2014 at 3:57 am

Definitely the macaroni cheese and the sausages and lentils, which I’ve made over and over and never get tired of. I love that your recipes are simple and don’t have hundreds of ingredients. Your website makes me WANT to cook, which is a new thing around here. :)

daija April 28, 2014 at 5:25 am

Difficult one. I love many of your recipes. I’d say: the super simple broccoli with almonds, pea and lentil salad and the minmalist lentil burgers.

Laura Birchall April 28, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Salted Crusted Burgers with mushy peas and caramelised onions. Make this a lot and for lots of friends. Everyone loves it on taste and simple to make. When I tell friends about it, they can’t believe how easy it is to make.

Kylie April 28, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Spiced beef with hummus is a fave!

Elizabeth April 28, 2014 at 6:15 pm

We made your ‘Pretend Fried Rice’ (can’t remember the actual name of the recipe) that you did with lentils; however we only had chickpeas available at the time; and used that! My hubby and I loved it, and have made several different editions of it since (best one is still with the chickpeas though)! I credit you and this recipe for convincing my son that chickpeas taste good :-)! He was only 1 then, and my 3 year old daughter couldn’t get enough of it either…

Hannah April 28, 2014 at 8:36 pm

The one’s I make over and over again are:
Mushrooms with butterbeans
Broccoli, bacon and avocado salad
Simple sausage supper
Chorizo and chickpeas

Paddy April 28, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Hi ya, my all time fav are the choc brownies with coconut flour and your mousse au chocolate. I have done them uncountable times, and my boys love them!

Cheryl April 28, 2014 at 10:12 pm

My favourite recipe would have to be your delicious Butter Chicken. I usually add some broccoli and capsicum…delicious!

Ingrid April 29, 2014 at 12:00 am

A regular here is Rice & Greens. I have tried it with several types of greens, add some pine nuts and sometimes, have it with a poached egg as you suggest. Other recipes that I have cooked more than once and really like are: ‘Broccolini with Pine Nuts & Butter Beans’ and ‘Spiced Eggplant with Yoghurt & Quinoa’. I love how easy, quick and tasty they all are!

April Merl April 29, 2014 at 5:32 am

Simple Sausage Supper is a mainstay here… we probably average about twice a month on that one. And for lunches, I often do the chick peas and cheese one – I usually also add some spinach – easy and delicious (and I’m terrible at figuring out lunches, so it’s saved me many times!)

CB May 2, 2014 at 11:55 am

Spiced Beef with Hummus has been a long-time favorite. I also regularly fix a modified version of the hummus to use more garlic and lemon as a snack. It’s always a fav at parties.

veronica mullineux May 2, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Roni, Love your white bean stew, and your simple sausage supper, make these often

Arianna May 4, 2014 at 7:59 am

Sausages and lentils are a favorite at our house!

Mimi May 8, 2014 at 12:41 am

My favourites are the Thai Green Chicken Curry and Chicken Burgers with Avocado and Red Salad. Can’t wait to see the new book!

Sue May 8, 2014 at 6:25 am

I loved the lemon meringue pie in 15 minutes and the green chicken Thai curry. Hope that helps.

Steph May 8, 2014 at 3:28 pm

So many to choose from but would have to say these are my definate faves and have become permanent members of my dinner menu’s:

- Lamb Cutlets with White Bean Mash & Seared Tomatoes (I grill my lamb cutlets seperatley for some extra crunch). This one is complete lamb heaven!

- Steak with Ricotta & Red Peppers, this is so quick and easy to throw together on nights when I come home late from work.

- Chroizo with Chickpeas & Tomato… amazing!

- Chillli Con Tuna ;+)

- Noodles with Tuna & Tomato… so simple yet so yum!

- Asparagus with Ricotta & Mint however I skip the mint as I am not a fan, can’t get enough of this one! Its my favourite side dish to a crispy skinned salmon steak

- Paleo Shepherds Pie, this has been great now the colder weather is here.

www.traveltabloid.co.uk May 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Lemon pie, Avocado salad and green chicken curry were superb out of them. i would love to make them for my Dear husband :) thanks for sure Jules Dear

Erin S. May 14, 2014 at 4:17 am

Absolutely love the balsamic onion jam. Make it all the time. Perfect with the lentil, beet and almond salad and some balsamic dressings.

We enjoy so many of your recipes it is difficult to pick. The Brussels sprouts, simple sausage supper, curry tofu and green pea, lentils with prosciutto, tuna and bean salad are all things I make often. Real food, real quick. Love it and what you do. You are so gifted.