There’s usually a list of tried and true toppings we reach for every time. Potato & rosemary, tomato & basil, salami and ricotta, prosciutto… to name a few.
But every now and them I get inspired to try something new.
You can imagine the response I got when I suggested to my Irishman that we try kale on our pizza last weekend.
Not exactly enthusiastic.
But I tried it anyway. And am glad I did!
We both LOVED the earthy greenness of the kale pizza, with the kale edges all crispy and cheesey.
I think we’ve found a new favourite pizza (second to potatoes, of course).
Kale & Onion Pizza
makes 1 medium pizza
1 onion, finely sliced
small handful kale, finely sliced
1 quantity pizza dough (see note below)
handful bocconcini or other fresh mozzarella, torn
handful grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven on its highest setting and place a pizza stone on the floor of your oven.
2. Cook onion in a little oil on a medium heat until soft but not browned.
3. Add kale and cook, stirring occasionally until the kale is wilted. Season.
4. Roll out pizza dough. Scatter over the kale and onion mixture. Top with both cheeses.
5. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the dough is cooked and the cheese melted.
Note. If you’re looking for a good pizza dough recipe, there’s one
Have an awesome weekend!
Note: the image above also has some pork sausage on the pizza… it’s equally good without!