3D cover stonesoup FREE e-cookbook

Something a bit different for you today. I’m super excited to announce the launch of my first ever eCOOKBOOK that I’m releasing out into the wide world for FREE. Yes, a 97 page cookbook packed with 65 simple [5 ingredients | 10 minutes] recipes all ready to download NOW.

Why the FREE e-cookbook?

Over the past year I’ve been writing a series of recipes that have only 5 ingredients and take 10 minutes to prepare. They’ve been published in a number of locations. I thought it would be useful to have these recipes all together in the one handy e-book that you can keep on your laptop or computer at work as an at-your-fingertips reference for when you need inspiration for what to cook for dinner.

click HERE to download your FREE pdf copy of my new e-cookbook

If you find my e-cookbook useful, I’d really appreciate it if you share the love and forward it to your family and friends. Or better yet – send them the link to stonesoup (www.thestonesoup.com) so they can download their own copy and discover the wonderful world of food blogging themselves.

And if you haven’t yet done so, why not subscribe to stonesoup by email to receive your free updates published twice a week.

7 ways my [5 ingredients | 10 minutes] recipes can HELP YOU

1. less time in the kitchen
10 minutes cooking leaves more time for the activities and people you love.

2. less time shopping
With only 5 ingredients in each recipe, you’ll find your shopping lists are shorter and more manageable. You won’t need to spend as much time out hunting and gathering.

3. eating more fresh, healthy food
Everyone knows that home cooked food tends to be better for you. With the focus on fresh ingredients, my 5 ingredients recipes make it easy.

4. more pleasure & enjoyment
Cooking can be a great way to relax and unwind. Spending 10 minutes using one of my minimalist recipes will help you gain more pleasure and enjoyment from dinner time.

5. save money
If dinner only takes 10 minutes to prepare, you’ll be more likely to cook for yourself than take the expensive dial-a-dinner option.

6. less stress
Long ingredient lists and complicated methods can lead to much stress and kitchen confusion. Minimalist home cooking keeps things as simple and stress-free as possible.

7. more kitchen confidence
If you’re new to cooking, starting with minimalist recipes will help you get some great simple dishes under your belt and give you the confidence to tackle anything.

__________________________________________________________

A big THANKYOU to everyone who helped spread the word about my new FREE e-cookbook. It’s still available to download, or if you are interested in a proper paper copy, head on over to my blurb store… but be warned paper is expensive. The price does not contain any markup – it’s purely blurb’s cost to produce. Enjoy.

[5 ingredients | 1…
By jules clancy

• jules 28 June, 2010, 3:55 pm

victoria
    no i don’t have a tip jar – planning to release a new e-cookbook for sale in october though so people can support by buying the book then.

• Samantha 29 June, 2010, 11:48 am

Thank you! I’m excited to try out the food!

• Mattias Petter Johansson 29 June, 2010, 11:41 pm

Wow, fantastic work!

You know, you really should consider hiring someone to turn this into an iPhone app. It wouldn’t really cost you much if you did it via Odesk.com. I’d gladly pay €5+ for this book as an app, even though I have the free PDF. Absolutely serious about that, and the format of your cooking is ideal for apps. There is an awesome recipe app on the app store called “4 ingredients” that I use almost exclusively when shopping ( it’s nice to just pop by the grocery store on the way home without a shopping list and just open up the app). However, with your focus on natural foods, a stone soup app would replace it.

/Mattias

• Wojo 30 June, 2010, 11:04 pm

Found you through Zen Family Habits. Very happy to have discovered this, and can’t wait to try these recipes out!

• swan 30 June, 2010, 11:58 pm

Dear Jules, an absolute winner, thank you very much. I will spread the word. Oh, and use your recipes and tips. Even more important :-)

• Luisa 1 July, 2010, 6:49 am

This is the best thing I’ve found on the internet in a looooong time! Thank you so much for sharing it. I will certainly distribute!

• Tania Dey 1 July, 2010, 3:38 pm

I’m a transitioning minimalist and just moved in on my own… I inherited my mothers Kitchen and since I’m Indian… it’s a lot of stuff… Your writings really helped me find focus there.. Thank You..

and the Ebook is lovely ! Best of Luck.

• Fogwatt 1 July, 2010, 9:14 pm

This is wonderful ebook – beautifully produced and thoughtfully written. It never ceases to astonish me how generous people are with their time and knowledge – all this for free? Many thanks indeed.

• --Deb 2 July, 2010, 11:41 am

LOVELY cookbook. And yes, I am delighted to help spread the word … even though I am now anxious to get down to the kitchen!

• Susan 2 July, 2010, 1:04 pm

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for sharing your genius with ingredients and photography!

• Joannarc1 2 July, 2010, 6:13 pm

Such a lovely book I want to try out all the recipes. I love food, but I really hate shopping, so this is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing it for free – I am passing the word around all my friends.

• melanie gao 4 July, 2010, 9:19 pm

What a lovely cookbook! It was a delight to browse through and I will be trying many of the recipes this week. Here’s to good, fresh, simple eating! :)

• Carrie 5 July, 2010, 11:08 am

oh…my…god…love it, thank you!!! I’d just reached the point where I’d started to hate cooking with a passion, and Fruit Loops were looking like the most appealing meal I could pull off when you shared this awesome cookbook with us – seriously loving simple, wonderful, oh-so-yummy food again!!!

• Neal Gorenflo 6 July, 2010, 4:38 am

Jules, wondering if you have this e-book available through print on demand. I want to buy a printed version. Love your book but don’t want to print it out myself!

Might be another revenue stream for you. Thank you.

Neal

• jules 6 July, 2010, 7:45 am

hey neal –
    yes I’ve made a print on demand version available though blurb – there’s a link at the end of the post above. It’s pretty expensive though so I haven’t added any markup – it’s just blurb’s cost to produce.

carrie
    so so glad I’ve saved you from fruit loops – I used to work for kellogg and they were one of my least favourite products

mattias
    thanks for the iphone app suggestion – will look into it. in the mean time – I’ve put a copy of my book as a pdf onto ibooks and it looks really great (if I do say so myself) and you can use the ibooks search to find things quickly. need to get you away from 4 ingredients ;)

• Nao 6 July, 2010, 8:09 am

I downloaded your new e-book last week and couldn’t decide which recipe I wanted to try first so I decided to go with a spanish theme and do mini versions for hubby and I for a tapas night. It turned out wonderfully!

The white bean and parmesan puree is absolutely delish and so so easy to make! Field mushies with fetta and olive dressing was tasty- it ticked all the boxes for a good tapas plate- warm mushies tick, cheese tick and a drizzle of the olive dressing was the perfect compliment to tie it all together!

I adapted the couscous with tuna and cherry tomato sauce to just the sauce part and it was so simple and yummy that it left me wondering why I had never thought of it before. My only mishap was slightly burning the chorizzo in the chorizzo with chickpeas and tomato, but it still tasted good and was probably a good lesson for me in not trying to cook too many things at one time :)

Now dessert was not so spanish themed- we tried the mini baileys cheesecakes which are very creamy and decadent and of course the fresh dates with blue cheese.

Was very very yummy, Jul. All the recipes were easy and I can’t wait to try some of the soups in this cold weather!
    xoxo

• Judy 9 July, 2010, 5:06 am

Awesome book with beautiful (and appropriate serving size) photos of the final products! I definitely favor books with photos, even if my meal doesn’t turn out quite the same! I will be trying many of the meals in the upcoming months. I plan to take a copy of this book while we are away on vacation for 3 weeks. One additional asset to recipes with 5 ingredients is not needing to buy a whole bunch of items that you may not use again. My greatest fear though, is complete rebellion from my 8 and 10 year old boys. Nonetheless, we cook on!

• Arancha 12 July, 2010, 5:42 am

Thank you from Spain.

• jknito 16 July, 2010, 3:09 am

Hi,

I’m ecuadorian and try to get your e-book, but i can’t download…

my internet bandwidth is too small…

can you send the e-book to email?

thanks

PD: my english is too bad, i know…

• berenice 19 July, 2010, 9:38 am

i cant download the free e-cookbook :( i have adobe 9.

• pamela 27 July, 2010, 1:59 pm

Hi there!

A friend of mine forwarded me your e-book and i think its amazing!!! I was thinking about doing an e-book myself on crafts and design but haven’t been able to find the right software to do it. I tried blurb but I wanted to keep it electronic so it didn’t.

if you don’t mind me asking, what type of software did you use? I would appreciate any tips i can get! thanks again, and congratulations on you book!

Pamela.

• jules 27 July, 2010, 5:11 pm

really glad you’re enjoying the book pamela
    I used Adobe InDesign for the book. It’s expensive but is really flexible

• Shana 3 August, 2010, 2:58 am

I love your e-cookbook. If you ever release a full cookbook with just minimalist recipes, I’d buy it. :)

My only wish is for bookmarks in the pdf so I could speed-flip to some of the sections/recipes?

• norma 8 August, 2010, 11:20 pm

Thank you so much for allowing us to download this wonderful book free. I’m looking forward to getting stuck in.
    Norma

• wiieb 11 August, 2010, 6:01 am

Love the simple, basic recipes. Thank you for sharing! I will return.

• Christine 13 August, 2010, 5:24 pm

THANK YOU!

• Bob 15 August, 2010, 7:59 am

Pretty awesome. Thanks!

• page 15 August, 2010, 12:35 pm

hi! i just want to say thank you for the cookbook and that this is my favourite food blog and that im really going to treasure the cookbook!! i really enjoy cooking simple too and i love your $2 /5 ingredient posts.. im gonna miss those!! :)
    but looking forward to more :)
    page

• Chris 5 September, 2010, 9:25 am

Thanks for sharing your lovely recipes
    Chris

• geeky_geekerson 21 September, 2010, 2:13 am

Thank you so much for the effort of putting together such a valuable resource. I think cooking nowadays has become so much about using numerous and hard-to-find ingredients and this strips away the pleasure of the process (of cooking) and of the experience (of tasting/eating). It also pushes people to eat out, out of mere convenience. I’m glad I found your blog, which does the contrary: Rediscover the passion of simple cooking. It’s an art.

• Francis 24 September, 2010, 5:03 pm

Thank you very much! :)

• Mark Powers 27 September, 2010, 5:49 am

Hi, Jules- I just wanted to drop a line and say ‘thank you’ for the excellent eCookbook! I have never been much good at cooking and often race around, too busy to stop and prepare a decent meal for one.

I recently met with Tammy Strobel from RowdyKittens.com. Upon reading her “Smalltopia,” I found your case study in the back, which first led me to your site. I downloaded your eCookbook, checked it out, and immediately thought, “wow, what perfectly simple, yet awesome, recipes . . . I could do this!”

That night I took the laptop over my girlfriend’s place. We curled up, perused the whole book, put in a quick (and inexpensive) grocery run, and made #42 (mushrooms) and #59 (tuna & cherry tomatoes). We both agree: hands down, the best date night in a long time! It was fun choosing what to make and sharing the kitchen duties. 5 ingredients, 10 minutes? I love it!

We had the supplies, but never got around to #82 (mousse) . . . tonight! Thanks again.

• James Liao 3 November, 2010, 4:58 pm

Hi Jules

It is a great E-cook book because it is simple, saving time and helping to make taste and balanced meals. Thank you very much for giving people a chance to share your E-cookbook.

All the best.

James

• sarah mae mamadang 4 January, 2011, 7:10 pm

• Katrina 5 January, 2011, 3:42 am

What a wonderful idea… thanks so much for this great freebie! I can’t wait to download it and start cooking up some easy, delicious meals.

• Jackie 25 January, 2011, 4:12 pm

This is an excellent set of cook books I would like to share. My grandmother got them for my birthday last year and I love them! Very good and information. Easy recipes

• sweety 4 February, 2011, 2:14 am

wow i like thie e-cookbook.bcoz it’s very nice tasty

• Ewelina @ guilty pleasures 2 March, 2011, 1:47 am

• erin 11 March, 2011, 10:59 pm

I made the butter beans with rosemary last night. I LOVED THEM! I posted about it (link above) and linked back to you and your e-cookbook! You rock! Thanks so much.

• TM Davis 17 March, 2011, 12:32 am

Who took the awesome photos? Did you or did you purchase them from Photobucket or such?

Great book

Thanks!!!!

• jules 17 March, 2011, 5:37 pm

Thanks TM
    They’re all my photos.

• Joy 5 April, 2011, 3:41 pm

Thanks Jules, can’t wait to try the recipes out, Winter is on its way, so we have been told, after the driest Summer on record. Joy from Western Australia.

• Gwyndolyn O'Shaughnessy 15 April, 2011, 11:23 am

I found your website a few weeks ago. I’m not much of a cook (“Delivery or take-out tonight, dear?”); I look forward to learning (and eating!) better. Thank you for the cookbook!

• Linda B. 28 April, 2011, 11:22 am

Hi Jules , about menu planning I was thinking more formal when you want to impress
    a group of people with culinary skills and have the menu look intimidating but not to
    difficult to pull off . Hope this helps explain what I would like to learn. Linda :-)

• Simple Dave 6 July, 2011, 11:17 am

Thanks Jules, This book actually saves my life :)..

• frida 14 July, 2011, 11:43 pm

Thanks Jules, nw i can try loads of different things in the kitchen.
    Fron Kenya,Africa.

• taz 24 July, 2011, 1:03 am

thank you verymuch…. I am a total novice trying my luck with cooking..lol hope this helps.. thanks will get back to yu on how it helped me or (not?), Thanks!!

T

• Johnny 7 August, 2011, 8:02 am

Thank you for this wonderful free collection, Jules. I made the soba noodles with pesto & pinenuts for dinner last night, and I must say it was a wonderful taste combination. Your portion on this one is way off. 200 g of soba noodles is way more than one person can eat. I cut it in half and it was still a bit too much..

Also, I think your formatting may be off when it comes to printing. When printing out one page, I have to set to portrait mode in order to get it to print out in landscape mode.

• jules 8 August, 2011, 9:26 pm

thanks for the feedback Johnny!
    Yes 200g soba noodles is a lot – No idea about the printing thing though.. sorry

• nez 1 September, 2011, 1:44 am

Jules thanks for the free recipes, and its nice to know that there are people out there who still follow their dreams…i love cooking also but for now its just a hobby….cheers

• Antonella 8 September, 2011, 9:08 pm

thank you for the book. it’s lovely and useful

• eylül 27 October, 2011, 12:18 am

thanks a lot from Turkey

• how to keep uggs clean 10 November, 2011, 11:00 am

strongzz I’ve read a few good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to make such a magnificent informative website.

• Shayne Adrien 22 December, 2011, 7:59 am

I want to point out my gratitude for your generosity for individuals that absolutely need assistance with your question. Your real dedication to passing the solution up and down has been exceedingly important and have frequently made girls like me to arrive at their desired goals. The insightful report indicates this much to me and substantially more to my mates. Thanks a lot; from everyone of us.

• http://meemi.com/dan9u12ype 8 December, 2012, 4:35 am

It’s not my first time to pay a visit this website, i am browsing this website dailly and obtain nice data from here everyday.

• Louis 25 March, 2013, 12:18 pm

Minimalistic Web Design penangThe most basic benefit of minimalist Web Design penang layouts are that they will leave your site in
    the search function. They took my idea/ concept
    for a travel website and transformed it into reality. Dream Cyber Infoway is one of those sources.

• iimeeting.com 26 March, 2013, 11:37 am

Hey! I hope you do not mind but I decided to submit your web site:
    http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2010/06/a-free-e-cookbook/ to my
    on-line directory website. I used, “a FREE e-cookbook [5 ingredients | 10 minutes] + how minimalist home cooking can help you” as your site title.
    I hope this is fine with you. In the event that you’d like me to change the title or perhaps remove it entirely, email me at jolie_dalton@bigstring.com. Appreciate it.

• Boyd 29 March, 2013, 8:36 pm

An in-depth write-up… I’m amazed! Many articles or blog posts I have been reading are total junk. I mean seriously, they’re not even factually correct.
    Luckily, your article is and I book marked it for later!

• ahs.olin.edu 9 April, 2013, 4:19 am

Great items from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff previous to and you’re simply too great. I actually like what you’ve acquired right
    here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way during which you are saying it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a great website.