File this under ‘nice problems to have’.
My chooks have been laying like champions.
Like 5-6 eggs a day.
From 6 chickens!
A Simple Way to Eat Less Meat without Sacrificing Protein
At least once a week we’ve been having an egg-based dinner.
Which means we’ve been eating less meat.
And still getting plenty of protein.
I adore eggs because they’re:
- The most sustainable animal protein source
- The most complete source of protein (meaning they contain all the essential amino acids)
- Quick to cook.
- Amazingly versatile.
- Humanely raised (if you have your own chickens or find a farmer who cares about their flock)
Did I mention they’re delicious?!
I include an egg-based dinner every week in my done-for-you meal plans.
And since I’ve been use the meal plans this year, I’ve been cooking the egg option every week.
A Simple Trick
One of the best tricks I’ve discovered is making an omelette and using it anywhere you’d normally serve pan fried chicken breast or thighs.
But I’ve also sliced the omelette into noodles to serve with Zucchini Laksa.
And I’m thinking of experimenting with chopping the omelette and adding to stir fries, salads or abundance bowls.
Here are some other ‘eggcellent’ ideas…
9 Simple Satisfying Egg-Based Dinners
- Harissa Scrambled Eggs
- Darya’s Egg Fried Cabbage
- Cabbage ‘Carbonara’
- Easy Spinach & Feta Frittata
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese Cabbage ‘Pancake’)
- Malaysian Golden Egg Curry
- Hearty Walnut, Kale & Goats Cheese Frittata
- Egg & Bacon Tacos
- Indian Spiced Omelette
- See the Egg Archives
What about you?
Are you looking for ways to reduce your meat intake? Are you a fellow chicken fancier? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
And have fun in the kitchen (especially when there are eggs for dinner!)