[dropcap style=”font-size: 60px; color: #00adef;”] H[/dropcap]as all this Coronavirus craziness made you think about your immune system? And what you should be eating. The best immune health foods?
Me to :)
Which is why I did a lot of research this week.
And created a new extra Immune Health bonus for my Simple Meal Plans members.
Here’s a tiny ‘taste’ of the things I shared in the bonus.
My 3 Favourite Immune Health Foods
Has been used in Chinese herbal remedies for centuries. Turns out ginger contains substances which fight viruses . Ship it in!
How to Eat More Ginger:
- Ginger tea – infuse sliced fresh ginger in hot water.
- Tomato based sauces – adds beautiful warmth and subtle spice.
- Ginger oil (recipe below) – drizzle over everything from eggs to salads .
- With garlic – wherever recipes call for garlic, add julienned or grated fresh ginger.
Simple Ginger Recipes:
2. Brazil Nuts
The best source of selenium. Selenium is a mineral used to make the antioxidant enzymes such as Glutathione Peroxidase  which in turn helps boost immune function.
How to Eat More Brazil Nuts:
I keep a jar on the dining table so we just add few nuts to our dinner every night. Super delicious too!
Mushrooms contain beta-glucans which raise the activity of the immune system.  Asian mushrooms like Shiitake and Oyster mushrooms contain higher levels of these beta-glucans , but they are present in common white and brown mushrooms as well.
Simple Mushroom Recipes:
- Creamy Mushroom, Leek & Spinach Soup
- Mushroom Rosemary Frittata
- Mushroom Soup with Brown Butter Walnuts & Crispy Sage
- Smoky Roast Mushroom Bowls
- Creamy Mushroom, Beef & Almond Pies2
More on Immune Health Foods
For my full training on Immune Health, including recipes, lifestyle recommendations and foods to avoid join Simple Meal Plans.
You’re probably going to be cooking at home a lot more, so why not make it as simple and enjoyable and as healthy as possible?
Click Here for more details.
Have fun in the kitchen!
 ‘Take Control of Your Health. Boost Your Immune System and Prevent Sickness’ by Ben Alexi